Friday, December 22, 2017

Visiting New Brunswick from the US? Put Down That Mic!

 If you're licensed in the U.S. (or anywhere other than Canada, for that matter), and visiting the Canadian province of New Brunswick, don't be tempted to operate your mobile ham rig while driving. 

Newsline reports that the province's new distracted driving law contains an exemption for licensed hams, but only those licensed in Canada! 

Apparently, there's also an exemption for CB use, but only by drivers of trucks and other commercial vehicles. The report says the law applies only in New Brunswick.